Top 5 Romantic Places in Rome
As the capital and largest city in Italy, Rome is full of fascinating historical attractions, beautiful landscapes, interesting museums, and world-class restaurants. Along with wide selections of flights to Italy, this means that innumerable tourists visit the city every year. If you are trying to experience the romantic side of Italy, avoid the crowds and retreat to these top 5 romantic places in Rome.
1. Soak up the views from the Pincian Hill: In the northeast section of Rome’s historical section, the Pincian Hill rises, providing spectacular views over the surrounding area. Since it is not one of the original Seven Hills of Rome, few tourists venture there, meaning more privacy and an intimate environment. Head there at sunset, stroll the terrace and gardens and view the soft light hitting the breath taking views of Piazza del Popolo and St. Peter’s Basilica.
2. Enjoy a boat ride on the Tiber River: This means of transport offers a unique perspective on Rome’s beautiful buildings and cathedrals. The views offered from the water are different from on land, and at night the lights illuminate the sky and create an unparalleled romantic experience. Find flights deals that offer a dinner cruise, and eat carefully prepared Italian cuisine by candlelight aboard a boat, as you savour a glass of champagne while enjoying the views.
3. Experience a traditional Roman Spa: After a day or two on your feet exploring the city of Rome, a day of relaxation and pampering may be in order. Enjoy the AcquaMadre Hammam, which combines authentic traditional Roman bathing with modern amenities and brand new facilities. Dip into the heated pools, steam rooms, or even enjoy true pleasure with a couple’s spa package for the entire day.
4. Sample Gelato around the City: If you don’t want to blow your entire vacation budget, there are plenty of ways to experience romance in Rome that aren’t too expensive. For a fun and whimsical way to spend the afternoon as a couple, try finding several gelaterias in the area. Share a scoop of your favourite ice cream while enjoying a look at the Trevi Fountain, it is a fun way to see the city and be together.
5. Dine at Toula Roma: To really impress your significant other and have an incredible romantic evening, visit the acclaimed Toula Roma restaurant. Be sure to make reservations in advance for a meal at this incredible restaurant in historic Rome as tables are very sort after. Eat among celebrities, politicians, and foodies in this intimate and romantic location, famous for it’s linguine with lobster, Venetian fish soup, or decadent desserts.
Flights to Rome can be very reasonable if you book in advance, so there really is no excuse why you can’t enjoy this beautiful city with your partner.