Piazza del Campidoglio
Piazza del Campidoglio is found on top of the famous Capitol Hill in Rome, which is the hill next to that of the Piazza Venezia. The place had connection with appraisal of early Roman Divinities in the past and presently it is the headquarters pertaining to the Italian Government. The current structure of Piazza del Campidoglio dates back to 1560 when it was designed by Michelangelo Buonarroti. The imposing flight of steps provides access to that of this Piazza del Campidoglio.
The square unveils three prime buildings, which are the Palazzo Sentorio, Palazzo Nuovo and Palazzo de Conservatori. Palazzo Sentorio unveils Renaissance architecture, and it had resulted from the work that was done by Giacomo dalla Porta and Girolamo Rinaldi during the period 1582 and 1605, as it serves as the Rome City Council’s seat as of today. To the right section pertaining to the square, one can spot the Palazzo de Conservatori, which had been designed in the year 1568 by Guidetto Guidetti and Giacomo dalla Porta. At Giacomo dalla Porta, the original drawings of the famous Michelangelo can be viewed, and it is the place where Capitoline Art Museum can be seen. The museum takes pride in the collections related to the Roman and Hellenic masterpieces.
To the left of the square stands Palazzo Nuovo, with the attractive façade resulting from the designs of Rinaldi brothers, which was done in 1655. Another landmark of importance at the Piazza del Campidoglio is the She-wolf statue, a mythical symbol pertaining to Rome.